South African born photographer, Julius Jooste, is best known for his work in the entertainment and night-life scene in Ibiza, Spain.
His career has seen him travel between The United States of America, South Africa, Spain and Germany for both academic and work-related projects.
It was at AFDA (The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) that he discovered how to bring his passions for art and technology together in innovative and creative ways. He excelled as a production student and took great care in developing his leadership and management abilities. It was his unique ability to communicate seamlessly between creatives and investors alike that made him a must-have for film and high profile projects.
In his final year of university he was head hunted by Africa’s top live-TV and Sports production company to assist in their preparation of the FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010. His fondest memory of his tenure in live-TV sports production is the broadcast of the FIFA World Cup opening ceremony at Orlando Stadium which reached a mammoth 3 billion live viewers from across the globe.
Late 2010 saw him bring numerous academic fields together to complete a massive Graphic Information System (GIS) project in an industry relatively new to him. In partnership with NetGroup (now Aurecon), eThekwini Municipality and his father’s lighting and reticulation company, Light-Be he developed a technological solution and method that would see the project photograph, log and visually inspect just short of a million pieces of low voltage and medium voltage equipment.
In 2013, after a very strenuous three year project in Kwa Zulu Natal, Julius left for Ibiza in search of balance and spirituality. A series of fortunate events landed him access to some of the world’s biggest and most awarded night clubs for Europe’s largest nightlife website, Diginights.com.
It is here where he would hone his talents as a glamour photographer and cement professional relationships with some of the world’s most exotic women: the dancers of Ibiza.
Academic Track Record
- Bachelors of Arts, Motion Picture – AFDA (South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) – 2006-2008
- Narrative Film for Single Camera
- Multiple Camera Production for Studio and Television Broadcast
- Camera and Lens Fundamentals (Pin Hole, 8mm, 16mm, 35mm and CCD Digital Cameras)
- Essential Lighting Modules (Narrative Film, Studio and Commercial)
- Script Writing
- Market Research & Concept Development for Narrative
- Logistic, Financial and Legal Assessment for Narrative
- Information Technology Engineering – CTI (Computer Training Institute) – 2004
- Advanced OS Modules (Windows, Linux, Mac OSX)
- Advanced Network, Internet and Security Modules
- Academic Year Abroad – AIFS (American Institute for Foreign Study) – 2001
- English Language & Public Speaking
- Technology Applications (PLCs and Logic controllers, CNC, Fiber Optic modules and more)
- American Culture, Literature and History
- Trade Electrician (Red Seal) -Qualitas Training Center – 2010
- Star & Delta Starter Circuit Modules
- Series & Parallel Circuit Modules
- Contactors and Program Logic Controllers
- Low Voltage (LV) and Medium Voltage (MV) Modules
- Bachelors of Arts, Live Performance – AFDA (South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) – 2004
- Music Production
- Musical composition for the silver screen
- Musical composition for stage
- Physical Performance
- Acting for Stage and Screen
- Music Production and DJing – Soul Candi Music Institute – 2013
- Music Theory (Grade 1 – 6)
- Introduction to Music Production (CuBase, Reason and Logic)
- Electronic Music Hardware (Pioneer CDJ 1000s, Pioneer DJM800 Mixers, Traktor S2 and F1 Kontrolers)
- DJing 101
- Qualified SCUBA Diver -1 Star – Max 18m – CMAS
- International Drivers License – Automobile Association of South Africa (AASA)
- Skipper’s License – Category C – South African Maritime Safety Authority (SAMSA)